Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Kaveri Trail Marathon: 18th Nov 2007


You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind cant know whats coming - Frank Shorter

Sunday was the running day, and we were participating in the Kaveri Trail Marathon at Srirangapatna, near Mysore. I decided to drive to the venue, the place was perfet for running, a beautiful canal was flowing on the side, on the other side were paddy fields, and we had around 100 enthu runners, what else could a runner ask for.

I attempted a Half Marathon (21K) , but there were some delays and finally the race started at 9:40 am which was supposed to start at 9:00 am. Already the heat was becoming unbearable, and I initially thought that it is going to be impossible for me to complete it, then I thought lets see how long can I continue with this heat, maybe this is a good training for the Ultra, where we are attempting a 52K. But as the day progressed the sun became unbearable , the salt losses were also heavy, but thankfully the aid stations were very well positioned and well equipped with electral and other stuff, one thing that I really liked was the availability of peanut butter and jelly sanwiches, that helped me in the last 5 Km.

I met some really great people there as well, some were attempting the half marathon the first time, and hats off to them many made it back to the finish line in a decent time. I guess the idea with a marathon is always that you are running against yourself, you always try to beat your last best time and for some people they run to complete! I used to be in the latter but now trying to improve my timing lately!

Overall a great experience.....

Links:

1) Priyanka's Post on Kaveri Trail Marathon
2) Sudhir P's experience with running
3) Manoj's Blog


Song Today: Mauje hi Mauja
Film: Jab We Met..

5 comments:

manoj said...

Great show, Buddy!

Metallica bhakt! said...

Good work dude!! cheers about it! :)
and hey Jan 20th,2007 Dream Run of 6km at the Mumbai marathon is what I am gonna be running to prove a point to someone! :) I just hope no other commitment suddenly comes up on that day!I really liked the line 'the idea of a marathon is that you are running against yourself' damn cool stuff dude!keep it up :)!

Shantanu said...

@ Manoj

Thanx mate!

Shantanu said...

@metallica Bhakt!

Great, so this would be your first attempt.... cholo hope to see you in mumbai... will give you my contact details!

yeah actually in a marathon you are competeing against yourself and not the time / others!

Pravin Mathew said...

Hi, I'm planning to run the Kaveri Trail Marathon this year. It will be the first time I am doing 21 kms. Hope I'll make it through. It should be a great feeling to complete it.