Sunday, June 24, 2007

Friday....

A not so busy day at office, had lots of chat with my colleagues here during Lunch, everybody was so eager to know more about India, and the ways of life there, that after sometime I felt as if some Martian has visited their company and they all are eager to know how we live on Mars. Everybody was so surprised about the high temperatures during summer in India as if they have never been taught that in Geography, atleast we were....one more reason to be proud of our educational system....maybe "Dil ko khus Rakhne ko Ghalib ye khayal achha hai" types! Found out from the chat that global warming is not at all any issue here for the common man in the developed nations, the ones which are contributing the most to the global warming, all they are doing is accusing the other nations of contributing to the Global Warming, maybe "Charity begins at home" funda should work here and people should become more and more aware of what to do and what not to do, for example I have observed here in Vienna that nobody switches off their car's engine when they are waiting for anything, I have seen people doing that for as long as 15-20 minutes!! maybe they are not affected by these temperature changes initially but ultimately we all have to realize that we are residing on earth and I am actually not a Martian.

After office I went to stephanzplatz to roam around, I somehow liked this place a lot, its so full of life, you get to see so many people from different countries there, and then finally I don't know why I met a lot of desi's there, there was this Desi Punjabi family who were frantically searching for some Indian restaurant, I had a lonely planet with me so I helped them out, but the price in the book was on the higher side, I told them, but it seems that they were se frustrated with the food here that they were willing to pay anything for the Indian food!!!! Came back home......watched some TV and then slept.

Song Today: Yaar bina chain kahan re..
Film: Saheb
Music: Bappi Lahiri

2 comments:

abra-ka-dabra said...

pretty interesting friday :-)...

Shantanu said...

@Dinrat
yeah, but then my maun vrat started...jo Monday kop khatam hua when I gave u a call