Saturday, January 26, 2008

Read On........

So here I have been tagged by Pheonix, and I would love to do this tag. This tag came when I have again revived my hunger for books!!

A book that made you laugh: This has to be Calvin and Hobbes, my all time favorite the other one obviously being Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

A book that made you cry: The Kite runner, Khalid Hosseini and we the living , Ayn Rand. the latest I have cried like a baby though was while watching Tare Zameen par, specially that song Ma.... By the way I get a lump in my throat pretty easily :-P

A book that scared you: mmm None, but on second thoughts Rise and Fall of the third Reich, William L Shirer. The part which describes the concentration Camps in Germany and Romania, and the way Jews were treated, its highly recommended, one of the most correct accounts of World War-II.

A book you loved in elementary school: Billoo, Lotpot, Radiant Reader (This was a part of ICSE curriculum) and last but not the least Nagraj!!

A book you loved in middle school or junior high school: The viking process, Hartley Norman (it was a thriller).

A book you loved in high school: Old Man and the sea, and I still love it.

A book you loved in college: This was the actual time I fell in love with books / Reading, there are many, to name a few:
- Tamas, Bhisham Sahni
- Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte
- Macbeth, Shakespeare
- The day of the Jackal, Fredrick Forsyth
- Across Black Waters, Mulk Raj Anand
- The odessa files, Fredrick forsyth (this book also made me cry, the chapter where the Jew Police guy ends up revealing that the lady he has just sent to the Gas chamber was his WIFE....)

and many more

A book that challenged your identity:
Well doesnt actually challenged my identity, but definitely it changed the way I look at things, my perspective and my priorities, and to dream a Utopian dream.
- Veronika decides to die, Paulo Coelho
- The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho
- Shantaram, Gregory David Roberts

A series that you love:
I agree with Taru here I would also go with Lord of the Rings

Your favorite horror book: None

Your favorite science fiction book:
Doesnt really like Science Fiction books, however if we talk of Movies then it has to me Matrix (the first part) :-P

Your favorite fantasy:
Lord Of the Rings

Your favorite mystery:
there was a time I used to read a lot of mystery, but not anymore, however at that time my favorite were: Sherlock Holmes, and later when I grew a little older Agatha Chritie

Your favorite biography:
- Its not about the bike, Lance Armstrong

Your favorite classic:
- Macbeth, Shakespeare
- Wuthering heights, Emily Bronte
- Discovery of India, Jawaharlal Nehru (actually doesnt quite remeber it, read a long time back, but at that time I like it)

Your favorite romance book: NONE

I wanted to list a lot of books, but then some books doesnt fall in any catogory, one of my favorites are:
- Suitable Boy, Vikram Seth
- An Equal Music, Vikram Seth
- The Kite Runner, Khalid Hosseini
- A thousand Splendid Suns, Khalid Hosseini
- Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand
- Fountainhead, Ayn Rand

I pass this tag on to:

Rathi
Rays of Sun
Kanu
Nitin

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

we have a similar taste. nice. thanks

Shantanu said...

@Pheonix
Yeah seems like :-)