Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jab We Met


Saw Jab We Met yesterday, so here goes my review

I went to the movie theater thinking that a movie with Kareena and Shahid... hmmm I shouldn't expect much out of it, but I was wrong, apparently its a pretty nice movie. By the way for those who don't know , its a movie by the director of Socha Na tha... and that was an highly underrated movie.

Now coming back to Jab we met. The movie starts a little painfully with Shahid not opening his mouth for about 5-7 minutes (as he was ditched by a girl) and that starts to become irritating. And then enters Kareena, well at this point of time too I found the movie painful as she just kept chatting like a chatterbox.... but eventually you get tuned to it and starts liking it. The director has picked the star cast pretty carefully, Kareena who overacts in a number of movies doesn't seem to be doing that in this movie, as her role requires that. On the other hand Shahid has acted brilliantly, his facial expressions, his role of a young industrialist.

Watch the film for fun and you will like it, please do not try to go into facts like "this doesn't happen in corporate world" and "This is no way to run a company " as the film is not about that. Again the director like his previous movie has captured the indecisiveness in love of an individual pretty well. The movie is emotional but then too it doesn't get painful, there are some really hilarious moments too in the movie. Apart from this the Punjabi Culture and Sardars are shown well in the movie. Songs are good except the slower ones, at one time they just come back to back, so at that time maybe you can go out and grab a popcorn.

Overall a good movie I would give 4/5

Disclaimer: I liked this movie probably because I didn't expect much from a Shahid and Kareena movie. ;-)

Song Today: Tum Jo mil gaye ho....
Singer: Mohd. Rafi

2 comments:

Iris said...

Saw jab we mEt!
Liked Shahid! Poor guy, I kinda feel bad seeing him getting dumped.
But thats life, kya karein!

Shantanu said...

@Iris

Thanx for visiting my Blog, hope u will visit again

Yeah apparently this movie was underrated just like Socha na tha...

I liked it too