Tuesday, July 24, 2007

School Days.....


While coming to office this morning I saw a group of kids waiting for their school bus, some of them started eating tiffin in the morning itself, I sort of got nostalgic seeing this. I never thought earlier that I would miss the aam ka achaar and the cold parathas that we ate during or lunch breaks in school. For the first time I was missing the fun of eating tiffin in school, finishing our tiffin and then targetting somebody else's, or on some days sharing the tiffin with friends, and still on some other days stealing and eating the tiffin of some people who used to bring good stuff, this act became such a big problem I remember that some people started putting a lock o their school bags ;-)

And then I realized that I still miss St Josephs' College a lot ( well thats my alma mater), Some things that I can recall are:

-the basket ball court
-the big football field where we spent more time fighting with the classmates than playing football
-calling father (principal) by the name of chongapati (our's was a catholic school)
-lighting crackers in school premises during diwali
-playing holi on the last day of school before the holi holidays
-coming back from school in 42 degrees celcius during summers when the roads were deserted and probably you and your friends are the only people cycling on the road
-saving 2 rupees and having samosa in the canteen
-the cricket match with the rival school I still remember that the enthusiasm was better than an India and Pakistan match
-Eating tiffin in class
-using HCL to make your 2 rupee coins shine ;)

6 comments:

Metallica bhakt! said...

school days will never ever come back!they indeed are the best days of our lives!

Shantanu said...

@Metallica Bhakt!
yes you are right those days will never come back, but somehow we dont realize this in search of "better days", only to find out later that the better days has already gone!

Phoenix said...

Life after school and college is almost like a boring after-life. :)
Wonderful memories are all u have in the boring adult world.

Btw, thanks for visiting my blog. Watever i have read of ur posts, i like the tone of ur blog
Will come back
:)

Shantanu said...

@Pheonix
Thnx! :-)

Indigo Lobster said...

sappy nostalgic stuff...you even got me carried away..considering that i left school just a couple of years back

Shantanu said...

@Indigo Lobster

hehehe thnx! ;-)