Monday, June 28, 2010

Mile Markers-III

Phooh phooh oooph, yeah this is just the warmup, the road ahead will be better. On a weekday, 14K is a long distance, that’s why I woke up at 5:00 am and…. Oh wait I am running at 5:55 pace already, so Shantanu you see it is not that bad!

Hmmm boyfriends seeing off their girlfriends at the bus stop, Dads / Moms holding their child’s hand and seeing them off at the bus stop, and here I go my hands clinched, strides significantly improved in the last three weeks, but the road ahead is long very long till Mumbai Marathon. I look into my Garmin and fall in love with the gadget yet again! I have reason this time. The Garmin shows 10K @ 5:43 pace. Wow Shantanu, if the music keeps playing this way the Goal for this year looks achievable!!!!!

Breathing check: Normal, Shin pain ? mmmmmm no I don’t think so, hamstrings and calves ? feels good! Heart ….. LOVES IT!!!!!!!! Wait wasn’t this supposed to be a progression run? Yeah it was, let me try carrying this pace for about 4 more Kilometres.  I can’t wait to message it to my buddies!!!! So I have to reach home earlier than before, I want to tell this to all… lets carry on!

Wait who is this? He is trying to lap me! Not today dude, today is my day….. run Forrest run!!!!!

Phhhhhhhh I guess after an awesome run, when the Garmin shows you 14K @ 5:44 pace you need to cool down, and stretch… let me do that……

This run made my day, the best part was I wasn’t even feeling that I was cruising at 5:44 pace. How easy it is for a runner to start a happy day!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

manoj said...

Awesome... keep it going...