Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mile markers - II

For the first part of this series read here

Oh God! Please don’t stop this music, I am loving it. Another good week for me, ran a total of 66 KM and that too at a decent pace. As my weekday mileage increases so are the techniques to prevent injuries, now I find myself doing a lot of stretches and drills before and after the run. I never saw the importance of doing it, or maybe I was just too lazy to do it. But I guess whenever you are doing great mileages or speed runs or the hill training a good stretch, especially after the run becomes very important. I realized this the hard way, after being down with so many injuries last year, I am not going to make the same foolish mistakes this year.

The coming weekend I will be 30 years old. So I am running a 30 KM on that day to celebrate my birthday, also just saw the training plan and realized that at the end of July I would end up running 300 KM, and happily included that in the celebration plan as well. So the fight still continues, staying injury free is the key part in this training, if I can do that my goal for this year looks achievable.

Like a lot of long distance runners I have stopped enjoying the music during my long runs now, it suddenly has become pretty irritating, instead the long run this weekend (27 KM at 6min 31 sec a kilometer pace) was done without the music, in the first leg we discussed some case studies with Pankaj, and in the last leg of the run a general chit chat with Anjana.

Apart from this I have included a 32 KM run on 24th July to pace with Anjana on her 32nd birthday, yes all July babies!!!

Definitely marathon training is more fun than running the actual marathon!

2 comments:

Rohit said...

30K next weekend, huh? Let me see if I can keep you company.

Shantanu said...

aaja! we will do it at a very slow pace