Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rathi's wedding and Delhi

Was in delhi for two days, to attend Rathi's wedding. Well first about the wedding, it was a typical marwari wedding, where food is the biggest priority, and believe me the food was out of this world, and so we had all the justifications for eating like pigs, and we did exactly that.

Delhi:
I was really impressed to see the infrastructure of this city, whether the reason is commonweath games or whether its the national capital, but I guess the other cities in our country, including Mumbai has a lot to learn from them. After a long time I was spending twoi days in Delhi as now most of the time Delhi is a transit point for me, come out of the airport and run to catch the train, and vice versa. Gurgaon: is another concrete jungle, so may buildings that you will eventually get lost there, every road looks similar to me. And the biggest problem there is, if you don't have your own vehicle, then be prepared to walk anything between 5-10 KM.

Well I was not so impressed with the general Delhi culture, a lot of things have changed as far as the infrastructure is concerned, but nothing as far as the people of Delhi are concerned. I was being reminded of the Dialogues of "Oye Lucky Lucky oye" and "Khosla ka Ghosla" repeatedly, whenever I was talking to the localites. The Delhi "sirji" culture, I realized again, how much I hate it :( and realized yet again, how much I love Bangalore, and missed this city. Yes one good this was the FM channels in Delhi, the RJs have good sense of humor, and they talk in Hindi or English, which I can understand, and during nights they play old songs, all of them. I am pretty pissed off about the FM scene in Bangalore, there is only one channel which plays hindi music, and that too only new songs. So you end up listening to songs like "bin tere sanam" from "Race" some 20 times in a day. No wonder some months back I wrote this post. khair ummeed par duniya kayam hai, shayad radio fir se achhe gaane bajayega

2 comments:

Metallica bhakt! said...

FYI! The commonwealth games may not be held in Delhi due to lack of infrastructure dude,the sports minister as well as others reported so!! But the overall infrastructure in delhi has been good! capital city jo tehri!

Shantanu said...

@Metallica Bhakt!
yeah they might not happen in Delhi, but there is still a might there.

I dont think that Ms Sheela Dixit would let that opportunity just let go....