Sunday, August 3, 2008

Training Week - I


"It hurts to a point and then it doesnt get any worse - Ann Trason"

The first week of my training is over. Ran a 40K week, I know this is less, my target was 50K, but since I was partying on the weekend, celebrating Nitin's Birthday, This was expected. I didn't run on Saturday and Sunday morning, which were supposed to be my Long runs, I was dying in guilt, then Meghana threw the Idea of Doing a Hash run, well just to give an idea about Hash House Harriers this is what wikipedia has to say. And I was at the Bangalore Hash House Harrier's Run number 473. Well did around 10K at the hash run, which nowhere comes under the "lo9ng" runs, but atleast something is better than nothing. I overcame the guilt of not running on the weekend. But I must admit that the run was fun, it was organized on Clover Fields, this was a resort off Sarjapur Road, and the trail, as all Hash trails was a superb one!

Coming back to the training discussion, I am pretty satisfied with the first week. Now the schedule for this week says: 16 miles or 25.6K till Saturday, an then a long run on Sunday, probably around 25K. Lets see, I am already on a marathon Diet (to be read as Eating like a pig). So I need to keep my running consistent! I have slight pain after my runs in the heels, but I have got the ice packs and I hope that the regular cold therapy should work, or else some weekend I need to see Dr Rajat.

So Far So Good :-) I am satisfied :-)

"To a runner a side stich is like a car alarm. It signifies something is wrong, but you ignore it until it goes away"

No comments: