Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rakshabandhan


Yes, Rakhi is here. I earlier titled this post as "Rakhi" but then I wanted a good rakhi photograph and I googled it, and was pissed off to find out that the search results google gives on "Rakhi" are all "Rakhi Sawant" photographs.... what crap :-(

I am missing the Allahabd streets, where all you can see are the colorful rakhi shops on the roadside, the sweet shops which extend their counters and people who can kill each other for half KG of sweet, there are no such traces in Bangalore.... hmmmm we are too advanced now, this is the IT city :-(

Anyways this would be my 3rd Rakhi when I am not with my sister, yes I am missing her :-(. Today I recieved her Rakhi by courier, with a hand written letter!!! And more Rakhis continue to pour in with the haldi ke tika ki pudiya! What I really miss from my other sisters is the hand written letters, earlier each would take the pains of writing a customized "hand written" letter for each brother, but I guess now this is not the case. The worst feeling is when you recieve an e-rakhi. I never open that and do a SHIFT+DELETE, from my mailbox. I think that the internet is eating up these small festivals, the excitement of recieving a hand written letter and then reading it is totally different.

Now you recieve the Rakhi by courier and then an e-mail would follow.... It might have the same feelings from the sister's side, but surely is not conveyed with that warmth.

I am going to Munnar over the long weekend, so more on Munnar, and "Running in Munnar" on Monday!

Happy Rakhi & Vande Matram!!

No comments: