Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Training Begins!


So I have already registered for Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon, this one would be my second Mumbai marathon, and the first full in Mumbai. I have been running since quite a while now, so its high time I graduate to the next level every year! Its fun, challenging your body each time, believe me nothing feels better when you break your own records! So what am I planning to do ? Well the plans are huge this year:

1) Kaveri Trail Marathon in mid Oct
2) Vodafone Delhi Half marathon in early Nov
3) Bangalore Ultra in mid Nov
4) Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon in mid Jan
4) and then maybe Standard Chartered Hong Kong marathon in mid Feb

Yeah I know that this is too much! But then I have started rigorous training for it. I am planning to run daily now, the idea is to run atleast 8K on weekdays and long run on the weekends (~25-30K). The only day when I plan to rest is Friday, in order to prepare for the weekend long runs.

Lets see where I land up, but I am determined !!!!

Will keep giving the training updates here

9 comments:

Phoenix said...

good going, but doesnt ur wedding feature smwhere between those hectic schedules

Shantanu said...

@pheonix
yeah it does! That is why you see that there are no marathons planned in the month of Dec!

BTW the girl has started running as well, so plan to run the Mumbai Marthon together!

meghsuds said...

Hi,

Great plans. I think you can do it. Lets see to it that you do it.

Shantanu said...

@meghana
Yes I am determined!

Pravin Mathew said...

Wow. It looks like you will be doing a lot of running. I should be running the Kaveri Marathon too.. Check out my post at http://pravinmathew.blogspot.com/2008/07/get-ready-to-run-kaveri-and-bangalore.html

Metallica bhakt! said...

ur killing the scene dude! I hope u dont plan ur wedding at some marathon! ;) Goodluck man!

Shantanu said...

@Pravin
:-)

@metallica bhakt!
hehehehee no I am not planning that.
BTW the registration for mumbai marathon are open... what say ?

Metallica bhakt! said...

padha boss! Padha!! I have taken up so much stuff in college I really doubt agar preparation time hoga!! I did run for a week during vacs.. but uske baad band ho gaya sab! lesse! :-| jan ke liye infy time hai!

Vartika said...

Hey!
great going!
mumbai marathon...4 years there and the dream run always stayed a dream...lets c wen i gt to do it...
meanwhile...keep running!
keep training!
:)