Sunday, March 23, 2008

Disappointed.

Saturday was the full moon run, organized by Runner's for Life and Bangalore Hash House Harriers, the trail was lovely, probably one of the best I have ever seen near Bangalore, the weather was just perfect for a run, cool and breezy, and the Junta was awesome, so I expected a lot of masti and gup shups during the run. But now the sad part comes, I planned to run 21 K but ended up doing a 10.5 K, yes you read it right a pathetic 10.5K and that too in over an hour. This is definitely one of my most pathetic runs, I am very disappointed with myself.

Perhaps my runs when I was graduating to be a runner were better than these, I was atleast getting on to a next level with every run, but this time, I don't deserve an applaud, everything was nice , then what happened ? I did an analysis and found out some reasons:

1) The biggest mistake I did was, I ate a lot in the afternoon, and that did the damage.
2) The other mistake was, I decided that I would do a 4:1 thing, this is 4 minutes run and 1 minute walk, but I realized it later that this 4:1 doesn't work for me, as I lose the tempo of running and then I just wasn't in a mood of running
3) I am actually 2 KGs heavier, I think this also contributed to my pathetic run
4) I wasn't carrying my ipod, I thought that I would chat with the Janta there, but then I realized it for the first time how important my ipod is , it creates my own personal space , my space for running.
5) November I ran the Kaveri Trail Marathon, then December there was the Bangalore Ultra, Januray I ran the Mumbai Marathon, with all these three months of marathoning I was eating a lot, but soon the marathons and the tough training stopped in February, and I am still eating the same marathon Diet, I need to cut down on it!!!!

So I have started working in the direction of correction. I went to Cubbon this morning and ran about 6K in 35 Minutes, I guess this is a decent timing for me, but now comes the "not so decent" thing , it was extremely tough for me to run 6K today, I don't know what happened , I used to run around 3 loops in the same place, and today 1 loop seemed so tough. So no pampering for some days, no good food and only training!!!!

Song Today: Khaali haath shaam aayi hai...

1 comment:

manoj said...

Good amount of post-mortem there!
Lose the race, not the lesson, eh