Friday, May 18, 2007

My experiences with "Running"

Lately I have discovered a new passion.....Running. Some days back I met a couple of people who were into distance running and they always used to fascinate me for some reason, it all started with losing weight, there was a time when I couldn't run 200 mts at a stretch, but then one fine day I thought that I would test my upper limit, and that particular day I was successful in completing 1 KM. For several days later my target was to complete 1 KM daily, maybe this was the time I built my stamina.

after about 3 months of running 1 KM daily I pampered myself, bought the whole new kit, good running shoes, new running T-Shirt, and the new dry fit running shorts, I still dont know what happened that day I discovered my new stamina! I ran and ran...and in half an hour I completed 4 KM. I was gaining confidence in myself that maybe I too can join the esteemed club of "runners". That was the day I never looked back I run for approximately 8 KM daily, and believe me it is not at all tough for me now. I guess the key to a good runner is actually finding out your right pace, the speed at which you can run for hours , it depends on your height weight! For finding out the same I recommend that try running on the treadmill in the beginning just to find out your right pace, your heart rate should not go over 165 / minute. I guess the minute it shoots over it slow down and start walking.

There was a time when my heart beat rate used to shoot up to 210 / minute, in just 500 mts, but I think once you start building the stamina it fades away. The second passionate thing that I discovered about running is that it is pretty entertaining, you can see the people crossing by, the dogs barking (please take special caution from these creatures if you are running in the night), the trees, the new hoardings, or if you don't want to do any of such thing then you can always sort out your daily problems, as this is the time when you are totally on your own.

As far I am concerned....since I love listening to music, I stick to my favourite collection of Music in my Ipod, and then I think.....about just anything! By the way the type of music you are listening to affects your running a lot, at least it does for me, whenever a fast track come my speed tends to become faster...... Oh I forgot to mention about good running shoes, plaese be over cautious in selecting the running shoes, as if the shoes are not proper it can lead to any serious injury.

So Guys will continue to pen down my experiences in running!!! Looking forward to the Midnight Marathon in Bangalore

Song Today: Rishtey
Film: Life in a ....Metro

2 comments:

Kanupriya said...

waah! this is cool :)

Shantanu said...

@ thnx Kanupriya!

still finding my place in the esteemed runners club!