Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chakpak : Your Bollywood Adda !!!!!


Today I am going to talk about a new website http://www.chakpak.com, well whats it about?? This is a theme based social networking site, the theme is Bollywood, yes this site is for the movie buffs!! People can write reviews, discuss about their favorite movies, download wallpapers, now this is the part I like the most, the best part in the wallpapers section is that you can customize the wallpaper of your favorite actor / actress according to your machine's resolution, there are options for:

1024x768 800x600 1280x800 1280x1024

This site has has been there in the scene since quite some time but recently a social networking feature has also been incorporated, now this is one more thing I like, I can make friends depending on their likes and dislikes of movies. The chakpak team has changed the UI completely, I love the new one, well Blue is my favorite color too. I liked their color selection a lot as it is rich which suits the bollywood theme, and then on the other hand since they have used colors like Blue so I don't find it irritating for my eyes.


There is also some fun stuff on the site like:

1) Discussions (this has been pretty hot feature and people have discussed things like movie stories to Abhi Ash marriage)

2) Quiz ( a quiz based on movie)

3) Videos (You can watch whole movies, or just your favourite songs or sceenes!!)

4) Create a Quiz (if you think that you are a Movie buff and you can Bowl over other people by your movie gyaan, you can create a quiz!)

Oh I forgot to mention about the videos on this site. Chakpak has quite a lot of videos on movies, all you have to do is just go to the movie and you can find popular scenes, songs or the whole movie itself, it was a big time pass for me in my vellad hours!! Well this was an information of what you can do for timepass on this site, now talking about what you can do regularly here:

1) Read news (news related to movies only)
2) Make friends (Social Networking)
3) chat on scraps
4) Now the most important part, on Saturdays you can check out the movie reviews of any Bollywood newly released movie, I mean to say they are already posted by some of the users, so atleast it helps you in not wasting your precious time on sick movies, and believe me the reviews are genuine

So guys go check out this site! register there and invite your friends

Song Today: Alvida
Film: Life in a ...Metro

No comments: