Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Vasanthi we Miss you!!

It was 7th March 2008 when Vasanthi Hariprakash declared on one of her shows (Joy Ride) that this is the final show she is hosting, its 2 months and 22 days exactly and we are still missing her. I just did a search on Vasanthi Hariprakash on google Blog Search, and found loads of blog entries from people like me, who are missing her sweet, bubbly, chirpy voice. Realized this after Vasanthi left Radio City (to Join NDTV as the special Correspondent, Bangalore) that RJing is an art and all the RJs on all the radio stations know nothing about it! She used to strike just the right balance between English, Hindi and Kannada, I understand Kannada in bits and pieces, and I used to understand each and every word on the show with ease.

I really miss the Friday Flashback, theme based show hosted by her. Used to love the trivia provided by her, and the themes, I know that most of this must have been scripted and some creative director or writer must be writing it. But then the same creative writer is writing for all the people on air currently. I used to like listening to Vasanthi more than the songs, the latest happenings in Bangalore, her spontaneous humor on the calls, her comments about the current affairs in the news papers. I guess she was the perfect girl to host a morning show, when everybody is driving to office.

For me her's was the first voice I used to listen to in my din-charya, while driving to office, and believe me she used to make my morning really bright. Very rightly termed as the "Sunshine Girl". Lately I have started listening to Radio Indigo (91.9 FM), a show called Indigo Rising, hosted by Ayesha D'Souza, she is also good, unlike other RJs she doesn't bore you with her PJs, talks sense, talks about the songs, and last but not the least has a really sweet voice. So right now my Car's favorite Radio station is 91.9, Radio Indigo: The Color of Music!

But we Miss you Vasanthi!!!! :-((

Song Today: 1973 by James Blunt

No comments: