Thursday, May 15, 2008

Insaaf ke Rakshak.......

While coming to Office......

7:30 am Sony World Red Light in Koramangla, there is a huge traffic jam, and I am caught in the middle of it. I had an important meeting at 8:15, had something to prepare for it before that, but seems like now I am not gonna make it. But what the hell just happened here, I mean this is the regular time I hit this point and generally at this hour spoilt kids going to school in their dad's big cars are seen on this Red Light, and thats it, the wait time not more than 2 min.

A closer observation told me that the Red Light has gone Bonkers and as usual the Police is nowhere seen in the picture. And now i get the exact picture of what must be happening 300 mts ahead at the red light, all the vehicles must be fighting with each other, that who will be the first to go. Well if you want to teach anybody about what Deadlock is in Operating Systems this is the best example!

BTW Deadlock as wiki describes:

In computer science, deadlock refers to a specific condition when two or more processes are each waiting for another to release a resource, or more than two processes are waiting for resources in a circular chain.

But suddenly the traffic starts moving, and this is miracle , how did this happen ??? Well I thought that the Police walahs might have come to the scene, and by the way the Police station is just a stone throw away from this place! But I was wrong it wasn't the police walas... Some people waiting at the bus stop saw the chaos and opted to take control of the situation, I must admit that they managed the traffic pretty well, much better than the traffic police cops, I guess Bangalore Traffic Police should hire some consultants now. Hats off to these fellows, I made it to the meeting on time, and did get some time to prepare for it as well. Now this is one thing that I love about this city, people are considerate, they stand up and take control of a chaotic situation.

Probably some day something similar would happen to our political system as well, when some people standing at the bus stop would come forward and take control of the county's leadership, but who will bell the cat ???

Song Today: Abhi Abhi mere dil main
Film: Socha na tha...

No comments: