Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hutch Delhi Half Marathon


I Registered for it today, it is happening on Sunday 28th October, still around 59 days to go for the big event. Well now that I have started running Marathons I have to run one of the biggest marathon organized in the country (the other I am planning is Mumbai Marathon). Initially I thought that going to Delhi just for a Marathon... but then I discovered the route plan of this marathon, and found that it would pass by India Gate, Rajpath..... and all those areas..... I got nostalgic, those clean big roads, and in front of you the India Gate, running on them would be too exciting.

And I think a couple of more people are enthusiastic about it, the list has Pandey, Nitin and Rajaram, lets see how many of us finally make it there but definitely it will be a great experience. And by the way a part of the registration fee is going to the charity as well, so kind of.... running for a cause!

So all you Marathoners see you in the capital on 28th October 2007!

Song Today: kanto se kheech ke ye anchal
Film: Guide
Music: SD Burman

3 comments:

Phoenix said...

Cool...way to go! Marathons are fun

Shantanu said...

@Phoenix
Yeah definitely... and a marathon in Delhi....I am excited about it!

RUN FOR CHILD RIGHTS AT THE MUMBAI MARATHON 2008 said...

Hey Shantanu,
Your energy is oozing through your blog .... was part of the Delhi Marathon last year and have been part of the Mumbai Marathon for the last 3 years ...... and it indeed is an experience in itself!

To introduce myself ..... I work with Child Rights & You(CRY) in Mumbai, and was wondering if you would be interested in running the mumbai marathon this year to support child rights!

In case your interested please mail me at shilpa.ahluwalia@crymail.org