Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Update

Its been a long time since I have blabbered on this blog.  So as you all might have guessed the blabbering starts with my training plan.

Training

The training for the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon 2011 is coming along well, as updated in the previous post, my mileage for the week is already hovering around 75-80 km. When I jumped into this kind of high mileage training plan, I was almost sure that my body is going to give up in the middle of it. But I am pleasantly surprised that it’s reacting well or much more than well. I am loving the training, in a matter of 1.5 months I have already lost 2.5 KGs of weight, this is in parallel hogging on to the food….The only side effect of this training is that my shoes are going to wear out much earlier. I am clocking close to 300 Km a month, going by that rate I think the shoes would only be good for some three months. So if any of you guys are travelling back from US, please let me know.

In the meanwhile I am really proud of Ankita for taking up running so positively and with dedication, she has been running very strong and already her 16 – 18 km long runs have started. Though she doesn’t trust me, but I can see a definite improvement in her running. I think after this training schedule she can be on her own!

Movies:

Watched Inception, it’s a good movie, though I didn’t find it “great” I liked the concept and the innovation part of it! Apart from this, the movies to watch out for:

Paan Singh Tomar: I loved the poster of this movie, and also the story, looking forward to it

Sad news: Ravi Baswani died of a massive heart attack. He was a legendary actor.
Read a tribute to him here, nice post

1 comment:

ledz21 said...

Great update, keep up the good post.

keen footwear