Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ideal running weight

This post is inspired from Bhasker’s post

I have been trying to reduce my weight since a long time, have been trying a lot of hard training different type of Diets etc but for some reason it is more or less constant on 75KG, might be ideal for me, but its definitely not ideal for the runner in me.

The main reason for that I guess is after a long run I tend to eat a lot, then as Bhasker says I often succumb to temptation, but since a last few days with cycling to work and running both being in place my weight decreased, for the first time in 2 years I saw the needle go below 74KG, but then the ITB surfaced up and its back to 75 (Damn!!!). But I have got the mantra now, since I didn’t experience any ITB pain after the run this weekend, so I have again started biking to work, and hope to shed a couple of pounds before the sunfeast 10K

Interesting articles on Ideal weight for running:

1) Whats your ideal weight

2) An article on weight an performance

No comments: