Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Experiences with Running: Part-3

Sunday I had a totally different experience, running with a group of people. I joined Runners For Life (RFL) some days back, this is a group of enthu runners in Bangalore, who keep organizing runs at different places. So this Sunday I decided to go for a run, I missed India's match (T20, India Vs Australia) on saturday just to sleep early as I was supposed to reach the venue (White field) at 6:00 am. The route was the same as that of the Bangalore midnight marathon.

Reached the venue and found that around 20 - 30 people were there, it was a great experience running with them, all this while I was used to running alone, but this time I had a lot of people to chat with while running, we chatted on a lot of topics from politics to Bangalore, but the hottest topic there was stretching exercises after running. However I didn't like the plan of running on road, but I guess the venue was Whitefield because of the rains. In the past the group had organized runs at some really good places like Nandi Hills, Bellandur, Chamundi Hills.

Every Saturday some people from the group meet in Indira Nagar to play hockey as well, no this is not because of the Chak De Fever, actually hockey is one of the best games for core strengthening, as you bend and run to drivel the ball. Lets see if I can make it there sometime or not!


On weekdays I am running in and around Koramangla with Rathi, Some guys from the RFL might join from tomorrow!

Overall it was a great experience, and looking forward for the run next weekend!

Links:
1) Runners for life
2) Bangalore Ultra Marathon


Song Today: Katra Katra
Music: RD Burman

No comments: